I'm back !

Talk about anything 300ZX
Blackbird
Stage 12+ - Z-holic

I'm back !

#1 Post by Blackbird » Fri May 29, 2015 10:48 am

Hi Guys,

So I've been hiding in the shadows for quite a while now with the club forum... but I'm back.

Just a quick shout out to Mike C — Great to see you again at Manfield last weekend with 77 — awesome car guys you really got see it to appreciate it.

Had a really fun track day with my son Liam in the Z — who drove it for the first time ever, and although she needs some TLC — body wise we need a repaint this year — the car drove fantastically and faultless all day long.

So after very little use and a bit of neglect by me with the car living outside for the last 2 years without much attention ... I've fallen in love with the Z again.

So I'm now committed to getting a new wiring loom from the US soon to start sorting the niggles in the electrical system once and for all. Getting a repaint in the next few months ... and generally tidying up things.

So after much heartache over the last few years with the car and bad workmanship getting me down hearted ... I'm going to restore the Z over the next year.

I hope to reconnect with some of you again here on the forum.

Cheers, Rob

Blackbird

Mad Mike
Elite Z owner, king of modification

#2 Post by Mad Mike » Fri May 29, 2015 10:55 am

Hey there, welcome back!

MikeC
Elite Z owner, king of modification

#3 Post by MikeC » Sat May 30, 2015 5:56 pm

Hey Rob - good to catch up at Manfield. What a great track, glad to hear the Zed went well, it looked good out there on the track,

For those that don't know the Coastline Z will be having its 20th birthday as a Race Car so I intend to take it to Manfield where it had its first outing as a race car at the MG Classic in 1995. So thought it best to learn the track first. Took the Datsun 240K down and that's where I caught up with Rob and his Zed. There was also a Nissan Skyline 350GT race car down there but I did not get a photo - oops.

<edit>
Here's a link to the Skyline 350GT http://radicalexperience.co.nz/the-cars.html