pics

Talk about anything 300ZX
lil-vulky
Stage 11 - sport turbo's

#16 Post by lil-vulky » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:58 am

yeah i don't want to go to extreme lol thats just my wish list, i probably wont get adjustables or anything because i dont even want it lowered just though they handled the best? i'll probably just get shocks. I wanted to swap out the rear end though because i like acceleration over top speed and i don't want to mod the engine for to much power as i need it reliable and i wouldnt mind getting rid of hicas.

I've been looking at basic slotted rotors that are on trademe but no idea whats actually a good pair or not so was just going to save up and get a full expensive kit from something abit more reputable.

2+0Z32
Stage 5 - boost controller

#17 Post by 2+0Z32 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:24 pm

Mine came with after market gauges etc and they suck imho. They just clutter what from the factory was a well laid out clear dash. Just replace the oil pressure sender and fit temperature alarm somewhere subtle. Useful, and classy! Stay away from the rice! lol Keep your boost near stock and save money up for expendables that a 20yo car will need like O2 sensors, knock sensors, hoses etc so you have lots quality time in the drivers seat, rather than paying off workshop bills. been there done that :)

lil-vulky
Stage 11 - sport turbo's

#18 Post by lil-vulky » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:34 pm

im just putting the gauges under the head unit then keeping the rest of the dash clean, im keeping my boost stock i just wanted a boost gauge so i know if i start having boost problems, want to make sure its not running like 3psi or something because of a boost leak and dont want it to be boost spiking otherwise its staying stock. the gauges are just for saftey measures and backup, rest of my money after i buy oils etc will be getting saved for cambelt and seals

Hamburglar
Stage 4 - cat back exhaust

#19 Post by Hamburglar » Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:42 pm

Looks immaculate. Nice buy!

lil-vulky
Stage 11 - sport turbo's

#20 Post by lil-vulky » Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:11 pm

A little update with some pictures,

It now has:
Tein adjustable suspension
DTM Kaliber 17" Wheels with 255 tyres. I still need spacers for the front wheels.
2.5" Impul Catback
Home made sub box wrapped in black vinyl.
4x prosport premium gauges (Water Temp, Oil Temp, Oil Pressure, Boost)
Clear tail lights
Personalised Plate
Apexi intake (When it arrives from CZP)
Slashman chipped ECU
Led gauge bulbs
Chrome gauge rings

I'm kinda happy how it looks and handles now so its time to spend some money on the the engine. First thing will be a 3" test pipes with a 3" mid section wit an x pipe tapered down to the current 2.5" impul.

I've put about 3-5000kms on it so far and the only thing engine wise that is annoying is a drippy rear main seal which is on the engine to do list after 120k cam belt kit.

Twocan
Stage 3 - test pipes, gut cats

#21 Post by Twocan » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:57 pm

Wow, she is looking very nice!

ZILVER
Stage 11 - sport turbo's

#22 Post by ZILVER » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:00 pm

Ditto to the above. A very nice example!
A to B via Z!

Twocan
Stage 3 - test pipes, gut cats

#23 Post by Twocan » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:03 pm

One of these days I'll have money for suspension and wheels and shit. So seeing yours gives me something to look forward to :L

lil-vulky
Stage 11 - sport turbo's

#24 Post by lil-vulky » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:31 pm

Twocan wrote:One of these days I'll have money for suspension and wheels and shit. So seeing yours gives me something to look forward to :L

Hasn't costed me to much on mods so far because its all been cheap 2nd hand parts. Although its not the setup i actually want but it will do for the mean time.

:P I look at zilver on trademe almost every day because its so nice and i my interior like that one day haha and i watch videos like this one because i want mine to be this fast and sound like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsUtwRo ... MQ&index=1 which is the next goal since it now looks good enough.